On a national level, David has over 30 years of speaking experience with ministry highlights such as:
- Creation Northeast (4 times), Mt. Union, Pennsylvania
- Creation Northwest (3 times), George, Washington
- Ichthus Festival (3 times), Wilmore, Kentucky
- Alive Festival, Canton, Ohio Kingdom Bound Festival, Darien Lake, New York
- Youth Specialties National Youth Workers Convention (6 times) in multiple cities
- The Group Magazine Live Tour (2 years) in multiple cities
- Lifefest Festival, Osh Kosh, Wisconsin
- Ocean City Tabernacle Morning Worship, 2013, 2011, Ocean City, New Jersey
- Ocean City Tabernacle Easter Sunrise Service, 2012, Ocean City, New Jersey
- Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, preaching in the Great Auditorium (2 times), Camp Meeting Week (2 times), Bible Hour (2 times), Ocean Grove, New Jersey
Plus numerous national, regional and local church events in over 40 states and several countries…
David has over a diverse background in various ministry settings, with several titles and roles. Burke has 20 years of experience in the local church as youth minister, minister of evangelism, pastor, associate pastor, and minister of Christian education in churches in Maryland, West Virginia, Florida, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Additionally, David has served on two conference staffs, Eastern PA and the Peninsula-Delaware Conference for a total of 9 years. Presently, David is the part time pastor of a growing church, Mt. Pleasant Church in Colora, Maryland.
David also has a background in education teaching high school as well as on the college/university level for the last 10 years. Previously, David was a member of the Business faculty and served as the First Year Experience Coordinator for the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA. Presently, Burke serves as the Assistant Dean of the schools of Business, Arts and Media at Cabrini University in Radnor, PA. At Cabrini, David is the Assistant Professor of Human Resources and Coordinator of the HR program. David also teaches leadership classes at the University of Delaware in the School of Public Policy & Administration. From 2006-2915, David was the youth minister, that led a paid summer staff of 50 plus team members in a creative program ministry for over 200 children and youth on a daily basis for the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association in Ocean Grove, NJ.
David has a doctoral degree in Education with an emphasis in Higher Education and Organizational Leadership. Burke also has a Master’s degree in Management and a BA in History and English. David has been married to Kathryn for 28 years and they have 3 young adult children. David is a Baltimore Orioles fan and enjoys cheering for the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens as well. The Burke family resides in Middletown DE and Colora, MD during the school year and Ocean Grove, NJ in the summer.